Monday, May 2, 2011

Ugo Capeto - Wynd (melodic electronica)



Ugo Capeto teams up with the soprano Kiri Te Kanawa for this melodic electronica tune. Yeah, I wish. No, it's just "Soprano Ahh" courtesy of SampleTank.

Let's recap all the VSTs:
- Heavy Metal (SampleTank2.x)
- 73 EPiano (SampleTank2.x)
- Soprano Ahh (SampleTank2.x)
- Beyond Voyage (SampleTank2.x)
- Chromatic Harmonica (SampleTank2.x)
- Studio Natural (SampleTank2.x)
- Fruity Drum Synth Live
- BooBass

When I started the tune (in F major btw), I just wanted a grand piano and a soprano, preferably Kiri Te Kanawa, but it didn't quite work out that way. Anyways, it's kinda reminiscent of my previous tune, Jackaroo, because I have once again hit on beats 2 and 4 in some parts, reggae style. It's a bit rough around the edges but, at some point, you've gotta let go and that point has just been reached.

Yes, I am big fan of opera stuff. Proof: I have "Kobbe's complete opera book". My other weakness is distorted electric guitar solos. Sopranos and guitar solos, yeah, that works.

What does "wynd" mean? Well, according to wikipedia, it is "a Scots word for what is typically a narrow path snaking through houses to join two major roads". Very fitting, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment