Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Let's get the party started!

After quite a bit of fiddling around with the Korg DS-10 at the Home of the Korg DS-10, I think it's time to distance myself from the Nintendo DS (not that there's anything wrong with it). Music knows no boundaries and I really don't want to limit myself to one piece of equipment to write and publish songs.

I have started writing music on the PC using Digital Audio Workstations, like FL Studio and Reaper. Any tune I come up with will be published here and on youtube. Of course, I will still be doing tunes on the DS-10 but those will go on the Home of the Korg DS-10, aka the other blog (and maybe here also).

Tutorials for DAWs (step sequencers, in particular)? Hmmm, yeah, I might do some as I get better at using them although I am sure there are tons of them on the internet already.

The other thing I really would like to do is the sharing of melodic motifs that either went into a song or were left unused. Melodic motifs are melodies that span a few bars - they are sometimes referred as hooks (easier to say than melodic motifs or phrases, I guess). So, why not share those melodies and maybe, maybe, somebody will use or reuse them in a completely different environment to make ... huh, whatever. That would be very cool, I think. So, there will probably be a section on here that's just about melodic motifs, shareware style. Not sure how it's gonna be presented, probably in the form of a piano roll picture and a short audio file or maybe a video with the picture as the background.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment