Friday, June 10, 2011

Ugo Capeto - Uridium (melodic electronica)



Lately, I've been kind obsessed with distorted electric guitars and soprano voices. This tune mixes the two and then some.

The VSTs I've used are:
- SampleTank 2: Clean LP 1 (electric guitar), HQ Free Piano MKII, Studio Natural (drum kit), Violin 2 LP, Heavy Metal (electric guitar), B-3 Organ, Soprano Ahh, Ambient-Dub 120 bpm (loops)
- Crystal: Mushroom
- BooBass

I kinda used the lower registers of "Clean LP 1" (electric guitar) for the bass but, at some point, I had to add a more proper bass (BooBass). The tune kinda start slow but, don't you worry, it speeds up. It's just above 3 mns, so it's a nice change of pace from my usual 4+ mns masterpieces.

The tune is in the key of D major.

Uridium is a side-scrolling shoot 'em up for the Commodore 64 (and other 8-bit machines).

No comments:

Post a Comment