Saturday, September 10, 2011

Ugo Capeto - Excelsior (melodic electronica)





Another track is in the can!

VST plugins used (I disclose everything about my tracks):
- DSK ElektriK Keys (Dreamy Wurli),
- DSK ORANZE (OranZe pad 02 gate),
- FPC (a few breakbeat drum loops),
- DSK Asian DreamZ (Luan),
- DSK Asian DreamZ (Pipa),
- DSK AkoustiK Guitar (Acoustic Guitar), and
- DSK ElectriK GuitarZ (Strat Marshall).

I have chosen not to use any particular effects on this track. Could have probably benefited from putting some reverb on the Asian instruments but chose not to for some reason.

I really like that FPC (Fruity Pad Controller) for the drums and I have really no problem putting them up front in the mix. Have just ordered some audio mixing and mastering from Amazon so I am hoping I will be better at mixing my tracks in the future.

The bpm is 62. Key is C Major.

Excelsior is a Latin and archaic English word meaning "ever higher". I am pretty sure it's the name of an hotel or two as well.

I am still trying to define my music. Although I am not sure if it's a good thing or not, I have the feeling it might be "new age". If you have a better idea, please let me know!

Although it's a pretty narrow genre, I like to think it's melodic electronica, aka melodic electronic music. Speaking of "melodic electronica", I have started a melodic electronica forum in order to showcase artists that do that kind of electronic music.

No comments:

Post a Comment