Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ugo Capeto - Pahautea



Another random generated song title. Pahautea is an evergreen tree that grows in New Zealand. Yep, that's a cool name for a song.

VST instrument plugins used:
- DirectWave FL Keys Wurlitzer,
- FL Keys Piano, and
- DirectWave FL Keys Yamaha.

DirectWave is the native FL Studio sampler. Only three channels used for this. Yeah, I am kind of a minimalist when it comes to music. Tune is in D major. The "walking" piano sounds a little bit (too) mechanical but that doesn't bother me one bit. Since I work directly in the piano roll without using a MIDI keyboard, all my notes come quantized and I am not really sure I see the point of undoing that. Yeah, I know, the human feel but it was really made by a machine so what's the point?

Having a hard time putting my tunes into a musical genre. It's definitely electronic music, definitely instrumental, and hopefully always melodic. Maybe the right term is "melodic electronica"? Yeah, that must be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment