Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Ugo Capeto - Reflexion (melodic electronica)



At the beginning, I wanted to do a tune that's really melancholic and downtempo and the first few bars are like that. Then, I thought to myself, there's no way I am gonna be able to do a full tune like that. So, change of plan: Let's up the tempo and bring in some chiptune 8-bit inspired sounds to spice things up.

The bpm for this song is 140 (the default) but it's really going at half that speed, that is, 70. The scale is D major all the way.

The VST instruments I have used in this tune are:
- Crystal "Swirly Q",
- Crystal "Swell9",
- Crystal "AtmoEPiano",
- Crystal "Dark Shot",
- SampleTank 2.x HQ "Free Piano mkII",
- Fruity Drum Synth Live,
- Rebar "pulse",
- Crystal "Wider Pulse",
- Crystal "Rattler",
- Basic 64 "Choir", and
- Peach "red falcon".

I don't know if it's because I am cheap or what but any VST I use has got to be free. Crystal is a simple semi-modular synthesizer and it can be had at Green Oak Software. Rebar, Peach, and Basic 64 are all chipmusic (or chiptune) soft synths. Rebar and Peach are available from TWEAKBENCH. I don't think Basic 64 has a website (shame!) but it's easy to find nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment