Sunday, November 13, 2011

Ugo Capeto - Accent (melodic electronica)





Minimalist but still quite melodic tune. Only 3 VST plugins have been used to make this song. They are:
- DSK Darkness Theory - Chrissmass-day (typo included). It's a bellish xylophonish kinda of sound which I really like (in general);
- DSK BassZ - Yamaha Bass;
- FPC - a couple of downtempo drum loops and one drum and bass.

I think there's a nice little hook in there (2:02 to 2:17). It took me a while to get to it but it's always nice to stumble upon a nice melodic motif. Of course, I had to repeat it almost ad nauseum.

I was kinda set on not using drums at all but those are pretty handy when you need to repeat a long phrase without it sounding like an obvious repeat. Adds some drama too.

Hate to repeat myself but Ugo Capeto's Melodic Electronica Forum is open for business.

No comments:

Post a Comment